DK Bhave Engineering Scholarship – DK Bhave Engineering Scholarship 2020 invites applicants for this scholarship programme, who will be pursuing a masters degree in engineering & technology. DK Bhave Engineering scholarship 2020 is introduced to provide financial assistance to students, in order to pursue their higher education. Check all the details, how to apply, eligibility criteria, scholarship amount, application link and others, for DK Bhave Engineering Scholarship 2020, below.
DK Bhave Engineering Scholarship 2020:-
DK Bhave Engineering Scholarship 2020 for Engineering Students, with a scholarship amount (Students will receive up to 50% of tuition fees – upto 05 to 06 lacs). Check for more details.
Join Us for Daily Updates !!
- DK Bhave Engineering Scholarship is an initiative of Savitribai Phule Pune University to financially support students(BE/BTech degree holders), who have secured admission for their Master’s Degree in Engineering and Technology stream at accredited universities in America, Canada, United Kingdom, and Germany.
- The key objective of the scholarship is to help needy students and enable them to complete their higher education.
DK Bhave Engineering Scholarship for Engineering Students – 2020
Scholarship Programme By:
Savitribai Phule Pune University
The selected candidates will receive a scholarship of up to 50% tuition fees remission.
The expected amount of Scholarship will be around Rs. 5 lacs to 6 lacs.
To be eligible, the candidate must be
- Be a BE/BTech (any stream) degree holder or studying in the final year at one of the accredited colleges (Click here to see the list of accredited colleges)
- Be enrolled into a Masters degree in Engineering and Technology at an accredited university in America (USA), Canada, UK and Germany.
NOTE:- Students who are already pursuing their Master’s Degree Overseas are not eligible for DK Bhave Engineering Scholarship 2020.
Procedure To Apply:
Candidates can follow the below steps to apply for DK Bhave Engineering Scholarship 2020
- Click the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
- If not registered, create an account first by providing username, password and email address.
- After logging into the account, read the instruction carefully before filling the application form.
- Fill in the application form with the required details.
- Upload the documents mentioned below.
- If you are satisfied with the information entered is correct, then submit the form.
NOTE:- All documents uploaded shall be clear and must be in .jpeg .png .pdf file only.
The following documents are required are:
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph (jpg format and size less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of photo identity proof (Aadhar Card, PAN Card)
- Copy of duly signed and recommended application form (2 Pages)
- Attested copy of the “Confirmed Admission Letter” issued by the concerned University or Institute
- An attested copy of the final year mark list of B.E./B.Tech.
- I-20 form (if available)
NOTE:- After submission of the online form, the candidate is required to send the hard copy of the application & all the documents mentioned(Scanned Copy) with the envelope superscribed as
“APPLICATION FORM – The D. K. Bhave Scholarship“
D. K. Bhave Scholarship,
Department of Computer Science,
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Ganeshkhind,
Pune – 411007.
Important Points to Note:
- You can not update/edit the information once the form is generated.
- The candidate should take a printout of the Application Form (2 pages)
- The first page of the Application Form should be duly signed and recommended by the Director/Principal of his/her institute/college along with the college seal.
- The second page of the Application Form contains a questionnaire to be answered by the candidate in the space provided.
- The scanned copy (PDF) of both the pages of the Application Form should be uploaded on the website.
The Selection Committee of Savitribai Phule Pune University will take the decision regarding the return of scholarship.
Last Date Of Online Application: 09-May-2020
Last date of Hardcopy Submission: 16-May-2020
NOTE:- ” Read the FAQ below, before filling up the form. “
Join Us for Daily Updates !!
- What is the purpose of DK Bhave Engineering Scholarship 2020?
Ans: The purpose is to encourage students to return to India after their Master's Degree and help India to compete in the global economy.
- What do I mean by ACCREDITED UNIVERSITIES IN America, Canada, United Kingdom and Germany?
Ans: The University must be accredited in its country. The accrediting body for each country is listed below:
USA: Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
Canada: Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board of the Canadian Council of Professional Engineers.
UK: Engineering Council United Kingdom (ECUK)
Germany: ASIIN For more information please visit http://www.accreditation.org
- What is the deadline for the online application?
Ans: The deadline will be days after publication of the advertisement in the newspapers. For the current application process, the deadline is 09 May 2020. The deadline for submission of hard copy is 16 May 2020.
- What is the Application Process fee for D. K. Bhave Scholarship?
Ans: There is no application fee as such, but the printed copy of online application form along with required document should reach to the address mentioned on the website of DKBhave scholarship.
- If a candidate is already enrolled in either of the university from USA/Canada/UK/Germany and studying there since last year, Is he/she eligible for the availing the D. K. Bhave Scholarship
Ans: No. He / She is not eligible to get the Scholarship. Even if such a student applies through the online process then his/her candidature stands cancelled.
- Can I get contact information to get more information about the process?
- What are the conditions the candidate (beneficiary student) who is awarded the scholarship should follow?
Ans: Read the following Instructions –
A) The beneficiary student of this scholarship will have to maintain the academic record/performance (Grade B OR HIGHER) and it is essential for the student to submit the academic progress report to the Savitribai Phule Pune University along with the transcript.
B) The beneficiary student, going abroad under this Scholarship will have to return to India after completion of his/her s degree of two years or he/she will have to return the scholarship amount to Savitribai Phule Pune University. There is no interest on this loan.
C) The beneficiary student, returning to India after completion of his/her s degree of two years and working in the same field for five years in India, will not have to make repayment of the scholarship amount to Savitribai Phule Pune University.
D) The Selection Committee of Savitribai Phule Pune University will take the decision regarding the return of scholarship.
E) The student has to give the undertaking to Savitribai Phule Pune University regarding his returning back to India after completion of s degree of two years.
F) The beneficiary student of this scholarship will have to submit the related papers (certificate from the Company in India, Nature of work, Tenure of the Service, Passport etc.) regarding the return of scholarship, if required, in the format given.
- How much funding can I get from the Scholarship?
Ans: Ideally, the student should have secured some funding from family, loans or other financial assistance from Indian or foreign sources.
This scholarship will provide the supplemental amount and will not be the sole source of funding for any student.
This scholarship will provide a maximum amount equal to 50% of the total cost of one year for a Master’s degree program in Engineering.
The total cost per year is defined as the cost of tuition, books, room, food and incidental expenses as estimated by the admitting university and reduced by any financial assistance provided by the admitting University.
For example, if the total cost per year is $28,000 and the admitting University provides $10,000 as tuition assistance, then the maximum amount provided by this scholarship is $9000, i.e. 50% of (28,000 – 10,000).
Generally, the scholarship amount will be between 5 to 6 Lacs Rupees.
- What will be covered by the released/sanctioned amount of the scholarship?
Ans: The scholarship does not pay expenses for travel, visa fees, GRE and other examination fees, application fees etc.
The funds are sent directly to the foreign university for the benefit of the selected candidate.
They are used for Tution, books, room, food and incidental expenses estimated by the foreign university where the student got the admission.
- I got direct admission to Ph.D. Program, am I eligible to get the scholarship?
Ans: No. Students getting “direct” admission for the Ph. D. program (i.e. without the possibility of getting the Master’s Degree first and be able to leave the University) are not eligible.
- What happens if attempts are made to influence the committee on behalf of the candidate?
Ans: The Selection Committee wants to maintain the transparent process of selection, free of any undue influence.
Therefore if the Committee finds that attempts are made to influence the Committee on behalf of a candidate then, in the sole discretion of the Committee, the candidate will be disqualified.
The decision of the Committee in this regard is final; there is no appeal.
- What if the student doesn't want to return to India, after completion of the Degree?
Ans: He/She will have to return the scholarship amount to Savitribai Phule Pune University. There is no interest on this loan.