UN Careers Internship 2021: UN Careers Company has announced vacancies for Economic Affairs Interns on its official career page. Candidates with the required qualifications are eligible to apply for the above position. The UN Careers Internship in 2021 comes with a number of perks and incentives. In the internship posting below, you will find links to the application form, qualifications required, stipend, and other details.
UN Careers Internship 2021: Overview
|Notification:||UN Careers Internship 2021|
|Post:||Economic Affairs Intern|
|Salary:||Various Perks & Benefits|
About UN Careers
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), Subregional Office for South and South-West Asia (ESCAP-SSWA), based in New Delhi, offers internship opportunities for a minimum of two months and a maximum of six months. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of staff member(s) in ESCAP-SSWA which they are assigned to.
ESCAP-SSWA covers ten member States in South and South-West Asia, namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Turkey. A key mandate of ESCAP-SSWA is to support the countries in the subregion to implement the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Under immediate supervision by a staff member(s), the intern is responsible for contributing to the research project (s) related to the work program of SSWA for the implementation of the SDGs. The topic of the project will depend on the intern’s background, skills, and interests.
Other duties may include undertaking the following:
(a) Regular monitoring of relevant developments, policy trends, and news articles related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs in the subregion;
(b) Monitor and collect details on national policies on selected sustainable development issues of ESCAP-SSWA member States
(c) Collect data, generate figures and tables, describe and analyze the tables and results to support ESCAP-SSWA staff in related research and analytical work
(d) Attend conferences, seminars, meetings, and other events and provide written highlights and briefing notes
(e) Provide administrative, organizational, and conference management support for ESCAP-SSWA events
(f) Other activities as may be decided by the supervisor
The United Nations Core Competencies include:
• Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
• Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
• Planning & Organizing: Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
• Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments, and delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within the prescribed time, cost, and quality standards
Recommended | 10 Smart Startup Ideas You Can Start In College
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Selection Procedure for UN Careers Internship 2021 involves :
- CV Shortlisting
How to Apply?
Interested candidates must follow the following procedure to apply for UN Careers Internship 2021 Recruitment process:
- Click on the “Apply Now” button below. (You will be re-directed to the UN Careers’s official career page)
- Click on “Apply Now”.
- Register, if not registered.
- After registration, login and fill in the application form with all necessary details.
- Submit all the relevant documents, if asked.
- Verify the entered details are correct or not.
- After verification, submit the application form.
Last Date to Apply
Apply before the link expires for UN Careers Internship Recruitment 2021.
GATE 2021 | Preparing for GATE 2021? Download Free Made Easy GATE Notes, here.
|Telegram Scholarship Group (Stipend, Govt, Big Companies, etc.)||JOIN HERE (Telegram Group)|
|Telegram Internship Group (Stipend, Govt, Big Companies, etc.)||JOIN HERE (Telegram Group)|
|Telegram Job Group (Govt, MNC, Engg, BSc, BCA)||JOIN HERE (Telegram Group)|
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NEVER PAY FOR ANY INTERNSHIPS. IF YOU FIND ANY COMPANY DEMANDING MONEY IN ANY FORM, DO NOT PAY! PLEASE REPORT US BACK IMMEDIATELY AT [[email protected]]. WE ALWAYS TRY TO AVOID COMPANIES WHICH DEMANDS MONEY IN RETURN FOR INTERNSHIP.
More Internships Just Like This, Click Here.
Recommended: Career Guidance & Tech Blogs, Click Here
Join our Telegram Group for such Daily Job Updates: Click Here
Follow us on Instagram: Click Here
Follow us on Facebook: Click Here
Follow us on LinkedIn: Click Here