Major relief to all Maharastra University Students, Uday Samant, Maharashtra Minister for Higher & Technical Education, announced on Friday, that first-year and second-year students will be directly promoted to next year. No exams will be conducted for these students.
However, the final year students will have to give their final semester exams. The Final Semester Examination will be conducted between July 1 and July 30, unless Covid19 Lockdown is extended, as said.
Earlier on Thursday the State Minister, Uday Samant, announced that he will be sharing the final decisions about the State University Examinations on Friday.
||||||| OLD AMP ADS ||||||| USING GOOGLE ADSENSE “4619”
He gave this statement after receiving the final report submitted by an experts committee which included the Vice-Chancellors of State Universities, Directors of State Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell and Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) as well as Other Experts.
||||| AD INSERTER PRO PLUGIN |||| AMP AD MANAGER ADS “4”
“Committee of Vice-Chancellors presented their report to Government today. It was discussed in detail with Honourable Chief Minister Udhavji Thakare Saheb. The Examinations for Higher and Technical Education will be declared on 08/05/2020 at 1.00 pm.“, said a statement by Uday Samant on twitter on Thursday.
A 50-50% formula will be used for promoting students to next year. According to this formula, “a composite of 50% marks on the basis of the pattern of internal evaluation adopted by the universities and the remaining 50% marks awarded on the basis of performance in the previous semester only (if available)“, will be used, according to the UGC Guidelines.
|||| AD MANAGER ADS ||||| DISPLAYED ON ALL WEBSITE “3243“
“The internal evaluation can be continuous evaluation, prelims, mid-semester, internal evaluation or whatever name assigned for students progression.“
- All students except final year students will be promoted to next year.
- If students promoted to next year, wishes to improve their grades, they can give a re-exam for the same, in next semester.
- Students who are failing after this grading pattern will still be promoted to next semester. (but they will have to appear for the exam in which they have failed next year)
- ATKT students will also be promoted to the next semester. But they will have to appear for the KT Exams within 120 days for the respective KT Subjects in next term.
- The final year exam review meeting will happen during the period of 20-25th June.
- There are about 8 lakh final year students, from 13 public universities in Maharashtra.
- For Final Year Students practicals, the committee has suggested, “Marking students based on their journal submissions and oral exams in online mode.”
- All the 45 Days of lockdown will be considered as fully present while marking attendance for students.
- Summer vacation decision is left on the university.
||| AD MANAGER ADS ||| FOR EXAMPLE PAGE “4594”
- Universities like Gondwana University which lies in the green zone may be allowed to take all exams. The state government will take the final.
||| AD MANAGER ADS ||| DIRECT LINK