Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) introduces scholarship award 2021. The aim of these awards is to incentivize young students and encourage them to the engineering and technical professionals. This was relaunched in the digital platform in 2021. Their awards are designed for undergraduate engineering students and reward them for their creativity, innovation, leadership, and excellence.
What is the eligibility criteria of IET Scholarship?
The main criteria that the students must fulfil to register for these awards are:
- They should be a full-time regular UG Engineering student from an AICTE/UGC approved institution.
- They can be of any field in engineering.
- All regular credit courses must have been cleared in a single attempt by the student.
- UG marks should be at least 60 per cent in aggregate or a CGPA of at least 6.5 out of 10.
- Higher secondary marks should be about 60 per cent.
- There is no age limit for the student.
Also Read | Is An Online MBA Worth It In India?
What is the award process?
- The first step is an online application on their website https://scholarships.theietevents.com/
- Secondly, there will be an online test
- Stage three of the process consists of a regional level assessment
- The last stage is the national finals
What will be in the online test for IET Scholarship?
The online test will have questions on subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science. There will be 50 MCQs. A cut off mark will be decided by the jury and applicants will be shortlisted based on that.
Freshers Job | Apply for freshers job, multiple vacancies, here
What about regional level assessment?
The contestant will have to give a presentation on the topic given by the jury members. The topic will be given 10 days in advance.
What if the student qualifies for the national finals?
The finals will be held tentatively in October. The students are required to make a presentation on their vision and solution for any engineering problem relevant to society. It will also include a Group Discussion.
How much is the prize fund?
There will be four regional rounds for IEt Scholarship and the prizes will be:
- Winner- Rs 50000
- Runner Up- Rs 25000
The winners of regional will compete in nations and the prizes are:
- Winner- 1,20,000
- 1st runner up- 80,000
- 2nd runner up- 60,000
Internships | Apply for internships with stipend here
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
- The last day for the IET Scholarship application is 15th August 2021.
- If a student wins the scholarship both at the Regional and National level he/she will be awarded a Certificate for both the levels and the prize money for the national level only.
- Weightage for the first level of selection is 60% for academics, 20% for co-curricular activities, 10% for outreach, 10 % for professional