PM Mentoring YUVA Scheme: A lot of people are affected by the pandemic one of those is the young generations or ‘THE YUVAS’. Here, comes government with a golden opportunity of scholarship of 3 lakh under PM Mentoring YUVA Scheme. Let’s see steps to apply and how to participate:
THE YUVA PM SCHEME
YUVA stands for Young Upcoming and Versatile Authors. The scheme is in line with PM Narendra Modi’s vision of encouraging young writers to write about India’s freedom struggle. This Scheme is For Mentoring Young Authors will go a long way in cementing the foundation of these leaders of tomorrow. Check full details, steps to apply and participate here. Get a scholarship of Rs 3 lakhs.
Yuva PM Scheme Contest Info
- The contest has begun on June 4. Interested young authors can register for the scheme.
- The contest will conclude on July 31.
- A total of 75 authors will be selected through the all India contest.
- The contest will be hosted on the MyGov portal. Visit mygov.in to participate in the contest
This contest shall motivate many young authors. Additionally, the young authors will be mentored in writing various genres like fiction, non-fiction, travelogues, memoirs, drama, poetry, and many more. Also, there will be a change in the young generation’s mindset of becoming engineers and doctors after schooling, they will see reading and writing as a profound profession and a career which they will enjoy giving a positive psychological effect on their mental health.
How to participate?
- Visit the official website – Mygov.in
- Go to the ‘Innovate India’ section
- Head to the YUVA portal by clicking on innovateindia.mygov.in/yuva/
- On the left side of the page, click on the button that reads ‘CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT’
- A login page will open
- Fill in the required details to register yourself
- Sign in using the ID password that has been generated
- Proceed and fill in the form
- Make sure to fill the form correctly and submit it.
- Direct link to apply
Apply | Freshers Internship Opportunities – With Stipend, Click Here.
Selection Process for the Contest
- There’s an age limit of 30 years and below.
- The contestants have to submit a manuscript of 5000 words to check how proper the contestant is to write a proper book under the Mentorship scheme.
- The selection will be made by a Committee to be constituted by National Books Trust (NBT).
Announcement of Winners
- The announcement of the selected authors will be announced on the occasion of Independence day – August 15, 2021.
- Now, the selected authors will prepare manuscripts for final selection under the guidance of the nominated mentors.
- The publication of the winners will be ready by 15th December 2021.
- The published books may be launched on 12th January 2022 on YUVA DIVAS or National Youth Day
Scholarships | Apply for more such scholarships, here
Execution of Mentorship
- There will be two phases of the mentorship program.
- Phase – 1 will be the training period of three months duration.
- The National Book Trust, India (NBT) will organize a Two week Writer’s program where the young authors will be mentored by two eminent authors from NBT’s panel.
- After completion of this they will be trained for 2-Weeks at various Online/On-site National Camps organized by NBT.
- Phase – 2will be ‘Promotion’ of three months’ duration.
- Here, authors will explore their knowledge, skills, and understanding by interacting at various international events such as Literary Festivals, Book Fairs, Cultural exchange programs, etc.
Job Board | Freshers Job Openings – Apply here
Prize – Scholarship Amount
- At the end of the mentorship, the authors will be paid a consolidated scholarship of Rs 50,000 per month for a period of 6 months (50,000 x 6 = Rs 3 Lakh) under the Mentorship Scheme.
- Moreover, a book or a series of books written by young authors will be published by NBT, India.
- The authors will also be paid a royalty of 10% on successful publications of their books at the end of the Mentorship Program.
- Their published books will be translated into other Indian languages ensuring the exchange of culture & literature between different states & thereby promoting Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.