ISRO Offers Free Online Course: Undoubtedly Internet has brought a revolution in the world. Also, Machine learning is the next Internet. Machine learning is the concept that a computer program can learn and adapt to new data without human intervention. Machine learning is a field of artificial intelligence (AI) that keeps a computer’s built-in algorithms current regardless of changes in the worldwide economy.
Opportunity given by ISRO
ISRO has given an golden opportunity for the interested students to learn ML that also from a free online course called “ Machine learning to Deep learning: A journey for remote sensing data classification”.
The program is being sponsored by IIRS, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space, Government of India, Dehradun.
About the course
- The Duration of this short course is 5 days.
- Participants will also receive a certificate.
- The course will be conducted through the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) as part of its outreach program.
- The program coordinator is Dr. Poonam S Tiwari who is from the IIRS DLP team.
- The ISRO free online course will be conducted from 5 to 9 July in the evening from 4 to 5:30 PM.
- Participants can attend the course live via any web browser through the e-class portal of IIRS, Dehradun.
- There is no course fee.
Who can take part in the course ?
- The course is open to all who want to learn these multiplexs machine.
- Also, participants who have an understanding of basic concepts of remote sensing and geographic information system will be enhancing course for them.
- It would, however, be most beneficial for professionals engaged in remote sensing data processing in different applications.
Topics to be covered during the Course
ISRO aims to give more knowledge about machine learning . Topics included are as follows:
- Remote sensing and its sensors of various resolutions.
- Radiometry and geometric corrections and basic understanding of the image.
- Basic classifier to machine learning: A Journey.
- Methods in machine learning: Supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement.
- Fuzzy-based machine learning with application in temporal data processing.
- Network-based learning algorithms: ANN to CNN or RNN.
How to Register for ISRO Free Online Course?
- Interested participants will have to register on the official website, and details regarding the same will be issued soon says IIRS.
- Participants can attend either through the e-class portal or also attend the live workshop via the YouTube channel of IIRS.
- The content of the workshop will be available offline after 24 hours in the e-class portal.
- Those who wish to know more can go through the course brochure for further information.