One Young World Scholarship Program 2020: One Young World is a UK-based not-for-profit organization that gathers young leaders from around the world to develop solutions to the globe’s most pressing issues. One Young World, DSM is offering Improved Foods Scholarship for the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
For More Such Updates, Join Us On WhatsApp or Telegram
One Young World Scholarship Program 2020:
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, DSM is proud to offer the DSM Brighter Living Scholarship – Nutrition for the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich.
DSM supports SDG 2; ending hunger, achieving food security and improved nutrition and promoting sustainable agriculture.
This scholarship supports DSM’s strategy to increase the availability of high-quality affordable and aspirational nutritious foods in low and middle-income countries, and is further related to tackling development issues and achieving sustainable agri- food systems.
The food security and livelihoods crisis has been amplified by COVID-19 health risk, is a major health concern and reason for further spurring investment in Nutrition. Immune health has never been more topical as now during the COVID-19 response period. Strong evidence shows that good nutrition is fundamental for a healthy immune system.
In line with the expansion objectives of DSM to support more countries, this scholarship seeks to support two young leaders (aged 18 – 30) from Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India, Bangladesh, Rwanda and Ethiopia who are delivering nutritional solutions for their communities. Specifically, the scholarship seeks entrepreneurs who are improving the agri-food value chain in one of the following ways:
- Shaping opinions: raising awareness of the importance of a balanced and nutritional diet.
- Building brands: developing responsible and nutritious brands which are attractive and affordable for the communities who need them most (especially those with low income, at base of the pyramid (BoP).
- Producing locally: sustainably producing local produce or nutritional products to serve local communities.
- Improving smallholder farmers value chain: developing/implementing programs to eliminate post-harvest losses for smallholder farmers and improve the quality of their produce (especially elimination of aflatoxin in maize)
Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Participation in DSM’s internal onboarding workshops pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation)
To be eligible to receive this scholarship you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30 by the date of the One Young World Summit 2021.
- A national of Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India or Bangladesh.
- Have 3 – 5 years of experience work in a business and ideally running your own business.
Check out the Top Ten Application Tips before you submit your application.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative.
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritize applicants with an evidenced commitment to addressing malnutrition in a local or national context. In particular, the scholarship seeks candidates who achieve this through
- Shaping opinions and advocating for good nutrition.
- Developing nutritional brands.
- Locally producing products or produce for local communities.
- Improving smallholder farmers’ value chain.
- Looking for: curious and ambitious scholars thinking big on how to impact the agri-food systems in their home markets to provide nutritious foods.
Last Date of Application
3rd August, 2020 [Before 10:30 PM (IST) or 18:00 (BST)]
One Young World Scholarship Program 2020 Application Form and Notification Link
For More Such Updates, Join Us On WhatsApp or Telegram
Follow Us On
One Young World is the global forum for young leaders. One Young World identifies, promotes and connects the world’s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible, more effective leadership.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle.
Delegates return to their communities and organisations with the means and motivation to make a difference, accessing the global network of 12,000+ young leaders.
The One Young World Summit 2020 will be held in Munich, Germany from 14 – 17 October. Learn more about the One World Summit 2020 here.
— Counsellor: A world-renowned leader who participates in the Summit as a speaker. Counsellors include Justin Trudeau, Meghan Markle, Professor Muhammad Yunus and the late Kofi Annan. See more Counsellors here.
— Delegate: A young leader participating in their first One Young World Summit.
— Ambassador: A young leader who has attended a One Young World Summit Summit as a Delegate. All Delegates become Ambassadors at the Closing Ceremony.
Delegates participate in four transformative days of speeches, panels, networking and workshops. All Delegates have the opportunity to apply to give keynote speeches, sharing a platform with world leaders with the world’s media in attendance. As well as listening to keynote speakers, Delegates have the opportunity to challenge, interact and be mentored by world leaders. Delegates make lasting connections throughout the Summit, celebrating their participation at social events and the unforgettable Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
The main speaking roles available at the Summit are reserved for our Delegate Speakers. Delegate Speakers are young leaders who are registered to participate in the Summit and then selected to speak through an application process.
Counsellors and guest speakers are selected exclusively by our board members. We do not have an open application process for these types of speakers.