SGPA / CGPA to Percentage Conversion (Absolute Grading System): Almost every university grades students with CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) and SGPA (Semester Grade Point Average). If you apply for an undergraduate course, you will have come across this a lot. Here, we will be focusing on DBATU University – SGPA / CGPA to Percentage Conversion.
SGPA is a grade which you receive in each semesters and CGPA is a cumulative or in simple times SGPA’s of all semesters are combined together to form a single grade.
Nowadays, if you looking for a job or going for higher studies, the companies/institutes ask what percentage you have received in your undergraduate degree. And suppose if you received 9/10 pointer and wrote 90%, then it may be wrong, as every university has a conversion formula. Here, below is an online tool SGPA / CGPA to Percentage Conversion – for DBATU University Only (Absolute Grading System).
SGPA / CGPA to Percentage Conversion Online Free Tool
Your Percentage is :
SGPA / CGPA to Percentage Conversion Formula
The conversion formula for the above online tool is: Percentage of Marks = (CGPA / SGPA) x 10.0
|Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)||Percentage of Marks (%)|
GATE 2021 | Preparing for GATE 2021? Download Free Made Easy GATE Notes – here
Comparison Table for the percentage of marks, letter grade and point grade
At present, for B.Tech program, the University has adopted a relative grading system. It is proposed to replace relative grading with absolute grading system as given below:
|Percentage of Marks||Letter Grade||Grade Points|
Award of Classes:
The candidates who successfully complete all course/curriculum requirements of B.Tech Programs shall be awarded class as specified below:
|CGPA < 5.50||Pass Class|
|5.5 ≤ CGPA < 6.00||Second Class|
|6.0 ≤ CGPA < 7.50||First Class|
|CGPA ≥ 7.50||Distinction|
Download | DBATU Previous Year Question Papers – here
- A student can appear for re-examinations in the subject(s) concerned in which he/she gets “FF” grade.
- In re-examination, the student will be given one grade lower than the actual performance grade except in the case of Grade “E” which will remain unchanged
- Students with “FF” grades also have an option to re-register for the subject (s) in which they had failed, in the following Autumn Semester or Spring semester.
- In such a case they will be entitled to full credit according to performance at the examination.
What is “II” and “XX” Grade?
Incomplete grade ‘II’:
The grade, “II” may be temporarily given to a student who is unable to appear in the End-semester examination because of:
- Illness or accident or any such misfortune which disables the student from appearing in the examination.
- A calamity in the family at the time of the examination.
In an exceptional case, if a student is unable to appear at a periodic test for any of the compelling reasons mentioned above, the teacher concerned may conduct a test with the same weightage with the prior information to the of the Head of the Department and CoE.
A student who has been awarded grade “II” in a subject in the end-semester examination shall have the option to either:
- appear at a re-examination to be held by the Department by filling in the application in prescribed form together with payment of necessary fees.
- Re-register for the subject in the subsequent semester in which it is offered.
Debarred grade “XX”:
A student may be awarded an “XX” grade who
- is absent for a major part of a semester (minimum 75% of the lectures or 60% with permission for a valid reason), or
- does not complete a major part of the laboratory/design/ seminar work (minimum 75% of the duration of 60% with permission with valid reason) etc, or
- does not appear in the Mid-Term test without any acceptable ground shall be awarded grade “XX‟ and he/she shall be debarred from appearing at the end semester examination of the corresponding subject (s)
- does not complete 75% of the total credits in the concerned semester.
- A student who is debarred from appearing at the end-semester examination will be required to re-register for the subject(s) in the next semester when they are offered by the Department, subject to other conditions of the regulations.
- A student with XX grade in Sem-I or Sem-II of the First year of the Master’s course cannot register for the next academic semester/year.
Although CGPA will be given in the Semester grade report, the final degree certificate will not mention any Class whatsoever.
- Applicate Internship 2022: Hiring for Technical Support Intern Position: Apply now
- Mobzway Internship 2021: Hiring for Content Writer Intern: Apply now
- Bubber Couture Internship 2021: Hiring for Assistant Designer Intern: Apply now
- PowerSchool Internship 2021: Hiring for Software Engineer Intern: Apply now
- Vimeo Internship 2021: Hiring for Technical Intern Position: Apply now
- NielsenIQ Internship 2021: Hiring for Consumer Intelligence Intern: Apply now
- SageIntacct Internship 2021: Hiring for Software Engineer intern: Apply now
- Top 5 Indian Podcasts in 2021 Every Youth Needs To Listen